THIS CALL HAS CLOSED.
Luminaria is proud to announce a second round of funding for Bexar County artists through the Corona Arts Relief program. We know that with social distancing requirements, many in the arts industry have lost revenue due to cancellations. We also know that artists are always eager to create and learn. CAR:TWO will provide funds to individual artists who have lost income due to the COVID-19 Stay Home/Work Safe mandates or who wish to pursue professional development opportunities.
Artists can apply for up to $600 via AnyArtist.org, with no application fee, May 12 – May 21, 2020.
The Corona Arts Relief program is available to individual artists residing in Bexar County for professional development training, arts education (not applicable to college tuition), or for lost revenue as a result of performances and artistic activities cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds will be awarded with priority to those earning less than 200% of the federal poverty level. Recipients above this level are eligible for a percentage of their request.
Types of applicable lost revenue could include accrued expenses for cancelled events, performances, travel, and travel related expenses. If applying for lost funds due to cancellations, please include a budget request and supporting documentation for reimbursement, including proof of an actual loss or a future loss due to a cancellation. Supporting documentation includes receipts, invoices, contracts, past sales records for events similar to those cancelled, emails, and flyers of cancelled events that include artist’s name.
Types of applicable professional development could include in-person or distance education opportunities, apprenticeships, conferences, travel, and travel related expenses. If applying for professional development, please include a budget request with supporting documentation, such as conference and training flyers or notices, invoices, and/or receipts for fees and travel.
• All applications require a profile photo and resume.
• All applications require 1–2 examples of artwork uploaded in JPG, PDF, MP3, MOV, MP4, or WMV formats (100MB or less). Embedded formats, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc., are acceptable. Please provide access instructions for private links.
• All applications require supporting documentation (receipts, invoices, contracts, communications, sales records, flyers, etc.). All supporting documentation must be combined into a single PDF.
• All applications require a detailed description of the reason for applying. Applications that include only one sentence and lack detailed descriptions will not be considered strong applications.
• All applications require answers to demographic questions to help Luminaria build its grants programming.
• All applications require a budget request.
• Applicants must be an individual artist residing in Bexar County (no groups or corporations).
• Only one request can be submitted per artist.
• Only artists who did not receive funds from round one of the Corona Arts Relief may apply.
The Corona Arts Relief fund is available to individual artists residing in Bexar County, Texas, who did not receive funding from round one of the Corona Arts Relief.
Resume: 2 page(s) maximum
Work examples: 1 - 2
|Artists are NOT allowed to apply in teams.|
• A panel of local artists and arts experts will review and make decisions by April 21, 2020.
• This fund is being managed by Luminaria, an independent arts nonprofit.
• Recipients of the Corona Arts Relief fund will be invited to share learned knowledge at a later date when CORONA / COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
PO Box 120188
San Antonio TX 78212 United States